The new Commissioner of Police in Enugu state, Ahmed Abdulrahman, popularly described as “Pragmatic Super Cop” hails from Kirfi LGA, Bauchi State.
He enlisted into the Nigeria Police Force as a Cadet ASP in 1990 at Nigeria Police Academy Annex, Kaduna.
LEA Primary School Kuru III Jos, 1970-1976.
GSS shendam, Plateau State, 1978-1983.
University of Sokoto, 1983-1988.
Nigeria Police Academy, 1990-1991.
The Norwegian Police University, Norway, 2007.
International Law Academy, Volgograd-Russia, 2008.
University of Hong Kong (SPACE), China, 2010.
Civil Service College, Singapore, 2011.
North-Western University Evanston, Chicago-USA, 2012.
Kaduna State University (KASU), 2014-2015.
Kaduna State University (KASU), 2016.
B. Sc. (Hons) Political Science & Administration.
Masters Degree in Conflict, Peace & Strategic Studies (MCPSS).
Masters Degree in Criminal Justice (MCJ).
International Certificate in Peace Keeping.
International Certificate in Investigation.
Post Graduate Certificate in Corruption Studies.
International Certificate in Good Governance & Anti-corruption Policies.
International Certificate in Crime Scene Technology.
Mountain School, Shere Hills, Jos (Citizenship and Leadership Training), 1990.
Nigeria Police Staff College, Jos (Advance Detective Course) 1996.
Bosnia Herzegovina (Police Transitional Policing Course, Drug Awareness & Intelligence Course), 1999.
Nigeria Police Staff College, Jos (Intermediate Command Course), 2000.
Armed Forces Command & Staff College, Jaji (Counter Revolutionary Warfare), 2000.
PMF Training Camp Gwoza, Borno (Squadron Commander’s Induction Course), 2001.
PMF Training Camp Gwoza, Borno (Squadron Commander’s Combat Operation Course), 2007.
International Association of Chiefs of Police (Intelligence Led Policing) at Chicago, USA.
DFID- Justice for All (Executive Leadership Development Program) at Kaduna, 2014.
Lecturer at COE Ilorin (NYSC).
Plateau State Command:
– O/C GI SIIB;
– PPRO Plateau Command;
– O/C Command Education Dep’t
Zone 1 Kano:
– i/c Zonal Crime Section.
FHQ, Louis Edet House, Abuja:
– PA to AIG FIIB;
– PA to AIG ‘C’ (Logistics & Supply);
– i/c Training ‘E’ Dep’t;
– CSO to IGP Ibrahim Coomasie.
Benue State Command:
– 2i/c Operations;
– 2i/c State Criminal Investigation Dep’t.
Lagos State Command:
– 2i/c Operations.
Ogun State Command:
– AC CID
FCT Command, Abuja:
– 2i/c Operations.
Kaduna State Command:
– AC Department of Operations;
– DC Department of Operations.
Police Mobile Force (PMF):
– Squadron Commander, 6 PMF, Maiduguri.
Deputy Commandant, PCK.
– 2i/c Operations Lagos Office;
– 2i/c Operations Abuja;
– Head of Federal Economic Governance Abuja;
– Head of Operations Abuja Zonal Office;
– Deputy Director Operations, Headquarters.
In 2017, there was news that he was penciled down to replace the current Chairman, Ibrahim Magu whom the Nigerian Senate refused to confirm his nomination. The news later turned out to be false.
– Sole Representative of West Africa at the Meeting of African Anti-Corruption Experts in Bujumbura, Rwanda.
– UN Peace Mission in Bosnia Herzegovina.
– ”The Economic Policies of Sokoto Caliphate Under Muhammadu Bello”, 11th September, 1988. (University of Sokoto).
– ”The Nigeria Police Force; A Replica of the Nigerian Society”. POLAC Annex Kaduna, 1991.
– ”Security at the Airports” (Nigeria), Nigeria Police Staff College, Jos. 2000.
– ”A Review of the Strategy of EFCC in Fighting Corruption & Recommendations for Enhancement”. University of Hong Kong. 2010.
– ”The Role of the Nigeria Police in Tackling the Menace of Cattle Rustling and its Effects in Kaduna State”. Kaduna State University. 2015.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
– Member, International Association of Chiefs of Police (MIACP).
– Member, National Institute of Management (MNIM).
– Member National Institute of Public Relations (MNIPR).
MEDAL AND MERITIOUS AWARDS:
– UN Medals for Peace Keeping in Bosnia Herzegovina, 1999.
– ’Exemplary Leadership Award’ by Sheikh Abubakar Mahmud Gummi Foundation.
– ’Icon of Societal Transformation Award’ by NANS 2016.
– ’Leadership Award of Excellence as Achiever Per Excellent; Sir Ahmadu Bello Sardaunan Platinum’ by Northern Youth Council (NYC).
Germany, Switzerland, Sudan, Bosnia Herzegovina, Saudi Arabia, Norway, Croatia, Libya, France, Austria, Tunisia, Macedonia, Slovenia, Benin Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, Niger Republic, UAE, Sweden, Qatar, Russia, Kenya, Malawi, Brundi, China, Singapore, Egypt, Ethiopia, USA, India and Turkey.
Exercise, Travelling, Reading, Debating and being Current.
HE SPEAKS FLUENTLY:
Until his recent posting to Enugu, CP Ahmad was the Commissioner of Police in charge of Intelligence at the FCID, Abuja. He has beenHe has held many command positions across the Federation.
The last state he acted as a Commissioner was Kaduna State, where he was in charge between August 2018 to April 2019.