By: La Belle Reine D’Awka
Information and communication technology includes any communication device or application encompassing: radio, television, cellular phones, computer network and it’s various services such as video conferencing and distance learning.
Therefore ICT is the bedrock needed to achieve even development in all spheres of human life eg education, Healthcare, transportation, trade and commerce etc
While dwelling on the importance of ICT to the development of Anambra state Dr Godwin Maduka said measures would be put in place to deploy ICT to create greater access to information and communication in rural communities.
According to Dr Maduka “unless technologically disadvantaged states, have a chance to catch up, the increasing technological advances in developed nations will only serve to exacerbate the already existing economic gap between technological ‘have’ and ‘have not’ states”.
Okosisi Orumba wants to actively promote digital driven economy in Anambra as a means of bridging the digital gap. He reaffirmed that:
1. ICT would be deployed to solve the problem of poor health care. He will ensure that fully equipped state of the arts technology are provided in all health facilities in Anambra State . Already the 17 storey medical Research Centre he built in his home town Umuchukwu in Orumba South local Government Area will be equipped to house the best medical care. This will be replicated in the senatorial districts in Anambra State.
2. ICT will be deployed to create employment for millions of unemployed Anambra youths.
3. E-learning system of education will be fully established to assist the education sector, especially in times of emergency like outbreak of pandemics and communal clashes etc.
4. Dr Godwin Maduka will extend the use of ICT in curbing crimes through the use of remote tracking and sensing , in developing our Industries, banking and finance, agriculture, government and research institutes in the state.
5. Dr Godwin Maduka is tech-savvy, and wants the best for the state.He is determined to use ICT to reduce the cost of governance. Let us join hands and support him in making Anambra state great.