Anambra FA chairmanship aspirant, Chikelue Iloenyosi has faulted the decision of Anambra FA to hold an emergency congress where they arrived at a decision to hold a by-election early next year for the vacant chairmanship position.
The Anambra FA without a substantive chairman had during the Monday congress resolved to annul the decision of the Appeal committee that ordered a fresh election (for chairmanship position) in two weeks.
The FA hinged their position on the fact that there was no evidence of payment of the appeal fee in violation of Article 33/4 of the Anambra state football statutes.
Reacting to the decision, Iloenyosi in a chat with newstap.com.ng said what happened Monday in Awka was nothing but a charade and illegality that can not stand.
He pointed out that an FA without a chairman can not be holding a congress where a decision of the appeal committee was surprisingly annulled.
“What they did today in Awka is an illegality that can not stand. I have filed a strong worded petition to NFF and I am confident the nation’s soccer governing body would not stand by and allow some people mess up with laws of the game. I will fight this to the very end,” Iloenyosi said.
It would be noted that the Anambra FA appeal committee had last week ordered that election be conducted in two weeks for chairmanship position and that only a candidate that was cleared during the October 30 election would be eligible to contest.