The Imo State Government met with the Leadership of the Organized Labour Union on matters arising in the state as regards the affairs of the Imo State workers and pensioners.
Some of the high points of the crucial meeting between the Imo State Government and the leadership of the Organized Labour Union – NLC & TUC are:
- The Organized Labour Union Commended the Imo State Government for the payment of salaries and pensions as at when due.
- A Joint Committee of Organized Labour – NLC, TUC and the Imo State Government are to be immediately set-up to examine all complaints from any person claiming non payment for immediate payment after verification.
- The commencement of the new N30,000 minimum wage while ongoing negotiations and consequential or special adjustments continues.
- Check up dues to be paid to relevant labour unions in the State.
- Set up a committee to look into complaints of joint health sectors in the state.
On behalf of the Imo State Government, The Communique of understanding between Imo State Government and Organized Labour was signed by:
Chief Cosmos Iwu – SSG
Dr. Chibuzor Iwuagwu – HOS
Hon. Declan Emelumba – Comm. for Information and Strategy.
On behalf of Organized Labour, The Communique of understanding between Imo State Government and Organized Labour was signed by:
Dr. L. Idris – Deputy President, NLC
Musa Lawal – Secretary-General, TUC
Emmanuel ugbaja- General secretary NLC