Former Liverpool defender Enrique given all-clear from cancer

                         

Former Liverpool and Newcastle defender Jose Enrique has been given the all-clear by doctors after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last year.

Enrique said in June 2018 that he had undergone an operation to remove the tumour and he has since been going through a series of radiotherapy sessions.

“Hello guys, I just have some wonderful news today,” Enrique said on Tuesday, in a video message posted on Instagram. “I just got back the report from the MRI I had just a week and a half ago.

READ  Regina Daniels Slams Report, Says Her Brother Was Assaulted By Policeman

“I just wanted to let you know, because the support from all of you has been amazing, that it’s all clear, all perfect.”

He added: “I can look forward now, not back anymore and just keep fighting. So it’s all clear and perfect. Thank you, guys.”

The 33-year-old, who spent nine years in England playing for Liverpool and Newcastle, was told he could lose his sight as a result of the tumour.

READ  Tackle Insecurity before Agriculture, Katsina Emir Tells FG

Enrique retired in 2017 after an injury-hit season with Real Zaragoza and had begun working as a football agent.

Recommended For You

Leave a Reply