His Excellency, Sen Hope Uzodimma, has continued to harvest prominent persons into the ruling all progressives Congress as Governor of Imo state.
Today, his excellency welcomed some PDP Political Leaders and Opinion Moulders from Okigwe Zone into the All Progressives Congress (APC) Party, at Sam Mbakwe Expanded Exco Chamber, Imo State Government House, Owerri.
The new party members expressed their love with the ongoing reforms and policy implementation of the Shared Prosperity administration of His Excellency. The unprecedented leadership style and governance of the 3-R General has never been felt before within the State. The worthy expectation of every progressive minded fellow is to support the progressive government.
The 23 Okigwe Zone Political Leaders and Opinion Moulders of PDP that defected to APC are as follows;
1) Rt. Hon. Stanford Oyirimba – Ehime Mbano.
2) Chief Ethelbert Nwachukwu – Ehime Mbano.
3) Chief Dr. Pope Ekwegh – Isiala Mbano.
4) Chief (Barr.) Ralph Nwanebu (PhD) – Isiala Mbano.
5) Chief Tony Black Nduka. – Isiala Mbano.
6) Hon. Engr. Chief Matthew Ukachu (Emelimba). – Isiala Mbano.
7)Hon. Paul Uche (Arc). – Okigwe.
8) Chief Silas Onyeiwu. – Onuimo.
9) Chief Peter A. Igwe. – Onuimo.
10) High Chief (Dr.) Zeek Martins Nnadozie (Ukwutukwu) – Ehime Mbano.
11) Chancellor Ifeanyi Ajaelu – Ihitte Uboma.
12) Dr. Raymond Obioma Emerenini – Obowo.
13) Hon. Patrick C. Ndubueze – Okigwe.
14) Dr. Edwin Anyanwu – Obowo.
15) Dr. Japh Azubuine – Obowo.
16) Chief Robert O. Asuzu – Onuimo.
17) Chief Livinus Okeh (WorldBiz) – Obowo.
18) Hon. Chief Greg Onwuamanam – Ihitte Uboma.
19) Hon. Chief Chris Nwankwo – Obowo.
20) Chief Obijiaku Godson. – Isiala Mbano.
21) Mr. Ikenna Frank Nwaigwe – Isiala Mbano.
22) Engr. Tobias Iwuji – Ehime Mbano.
23) Chief Athan Iwuagwu Chuks ( KSM) – Ihitte Uboma.
They commended Governor Hope Uzodimma for his tremendous work he has put in place within a short period of time, regardless.
In their speech, presented by Rt. Hon. Stanford Oyirimba, former House Member who represented the good people of Ehime Mbano at the Imo State House Of Assembly (1999-2007), stated that the major thing that got their interest in joining the people’s Governor to achieve his plans towards Imo people in general, is the level of infrastructure in the State.
In his address, the Imo State Governor, Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodimma commended the resolve of these stakeholders in identifying with government of the day for the overall benefit of the Okigwe people and Imo State at large. He further disclosed the development plan of the region as being worked on by the shared prosperity Administration vis-à-vis: the Faculty of Engineering, Imo State University, Okigwe; Okigwe Water scheme; Livestock Institute and Value Chain Production funded by African Development Bank – a project worth around $300m.