The climate change is real and its already happening. Human-caused climate change has already been ascertained to increase the risk of floods and extreme rainfall, heat waves and wildfires with effects on humans,animals and the environment.
There are things you definitely need to know about where we are currently in the climate change crises. These may include but to limited to the following;
- CARBON EMISSIONS FROM ENERGY USE ARE RISING AT THE FASTEST RATE SINCE 2012.
- AVERAGE WILDLIFE POPULATION HAVE DROPPED BY 60 PERCENT IN JUST OVER 40 YEARS.
- THERE IS MORE CARBON DIOXIDE IN OUR ATMOSPHERE THAN ANY TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY.
- TWO-THIRDS OF EXTREME WEATHER EVENTS IN THE LAST TWO DECADES WERE INFLUENCED BY HUMANS.
- 120,000 SQUARE KILOMETERS OF TROPICAL FOREST WERE LOST IN 2018.
- INDONESIA WILL MOVE ITS CAPITAL CITY AWAY FR JAKARTA AS ITS CURRENTLY SINKING. Earlier this year, Indonesia announced its plans to move the capital city away from Jakarta. Home to over ten million people, some parts of Jakarta are sinking as much as 25cm per year. Jakarta’s precarious position is thanks to a combination of two factors – rising global sea levels and land subsidence as underground water supplies have been drained away to meet water needs.
There is urgent need for collective action against climate change crises. Government need to pay more attention to mitigating climate change crises through policy implementations.