NECO postpones ongoing SSCE examinations

NECO

The National Examination Council, NECO, has postponed indefinitely, the ongoing Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations, nationwide.

This development, according to a statement by the Head, Information and Public Relations Division, Azeez Sani, is not unconnected with the current security challenges, occasioned by EndSARS protests, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examinations, in some parts of the country.

The statement says, the Governing Board of the National Examinations Council, at its special meeting held last week Thursday, reviewed the on-going SSCE nationwide, which led to rescheduling some of the papers.

READ  Ekiti State Govt Reopens Schools September 21

It further says that some state governments had imposed a curfew and closed down schools, to safeguard lives and property, Students writing examinations in the affected locations were unable to sit for the papers, already scheduled in the examination time table.

The Governing Board had resolved that when normalcy returns, the council will continue with the conduct of the examinations in all states.

Recommended For You

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: