Professor Umara Babagana Zulum, the executive governor of Borno State, assumed office on 29 May 2019. He took over the mantle of leadership from his predecessor Kashim Shettima.
Governor Babagana was born on 26 August 1969 in Mafa Local Government Areas of Borno State, his 1st appointment after graduation was with Borno State Ministry of Agriculture in1989, 2nd appointment as a principal water engineer. In 2000, he got an appointment as an assistant lecturer with University of Maiduguri and in 2010, he rose to the position of Deputy Dean and acting Dean in 2011 with professorship rank. Professor Babagana last appointment in the Education environment was as a Rector with Ramat Polytechnic before becoming the state governor.
A man of his word, dedicated, relentless and hopeful. He is love by many. The governor is always at the frontline, fearless and prompt. Hadley does he stay in office because of States matter he has at heart, he’s not biased, not tribalistic in dealing. Treats everyone with fairness. This is my governor, our governor and our state. He has been attacked severally by insurgents due to states matters. Always working round the clock, a man of peace and tranquillity.
See reasons few qualities of Professor Babagana Zulum.
1. He has the will power to lead.
2. He has the masses at heart.
3. Furthermore, he is not after popularity or recognition. Likewise, he is just after the job being done.
4. Likewise, he’s not tribalistic nor biased. Loves all and has nations interest at heart. Not only that, but he is open-minded, realistic and knows the problem of the masses.
5. Likewise, he has the necessary quality of leadership, administrative experience and academic qualifications.