Recovers Arms and ammunition.
-Also arrested two robbery syndicate who impersonate Police to snatch vehicles from their victims/ recovers Police uniforms and a snatched vehicle in their possession.
It would be recalled that on the 7th August, 2019 at about 6.47am, puff-adder operatives in conjunction with patrol team attached to operation kpochapu while on stop and search duty at upper iweka in Onitsha intercepted a bus with registration number UKP- 108-ZU coming from Asaba and after a thorough search they recovered a Police Beretta pistol with breech number AO-4909Z loaded with seven rounds of life ammunition, one expanded ammunition and Six different handsets in possession of one Sunday Onyema ‘m’ aged 35years of orlu in Imo State.
2. Discreet investigation by Police detectives attached to the Command Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) further led to the arrests of five additional suspects who belonged to the same syndicate at different locations within Orlu LGA of Imo State, Nsukka in Enugu State and Oba in Idemili South LGA of Anambra State as follows,
(i) Felix Chukwujiama m aged 33 years of Oba,Anambra State.
(ii) Oluchukwu Anyafule m aged 32 years of Oba Anambra State,
(iii) Ikechukwu Ibezim m aged 35 years of Nkwelle, Orlu,Imo State,
(iv) Ikechukwu Igwe m aged 35 years of Orlu Imo State and,
(v) Emeka Mama m aged 34 years of Nsukka Enugu State respectively.
3. Meanwhile, exhibits recovered from the suspects in addition to the barreta pistol ealier recovered includes,
– One English chief revolver pistol,
– One locally made double barrel pistol,
– Five live cartridges and one .9mm live ammunition.
4. Consequently, on the 8/8/2019 at about 4:30pm,following intelligence report,Police operatives attached to the Command Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) arrested at Ihiala, one Hassan Abuka m aged 33 years of otukpo, Benue State fully dressed in Police camouflage uniform bearing a DSP rank and one Ismaila Ahmed ‘m’ aged 37 years also of Otukpo,Benue state.
5. Suspects who specialises in impersonating Police to deceive their victims snatched a Toyota Corolla car, Reg number Lagos AGL 357 FC, from a yet to be identified victim in Lagos and were geolocated at their hideout in Anambra State.
6. Exhibits recovered in their possession includes the snatched vehicle and additional vehicle plate number Lagos FKJ 701 FR.
7. All the Suspects have voluntarily confessed to the crime and are assisting the Police with useful information that could aid investigation after which they would be charged to court for prosecution.
SP Haruna Muhammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.