Coronavirus: Atiku’s Son Speaks From Hospital, Makes Some Revelations

Atiku’s Son

Son of former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, known as Mohammed Abubakar, speaks from hospital, as he battles coronavirus

Mr Abubakar spoke in a video he made at the Abuja University Teaching Hospital where he is being treated since he was diagnosed with the virus almost two weeks ago.

He is the first confirmed infected person in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) where confirmed cases have now risen to 35. Nigeria so far has a total of 174 infected people.

READ  Killings: Enugu govt imposes curfew on Oruku community, Nkanu East LGA

Hours after the former vice president confirmed on March 22 that his son tested positive, several speculations emerged online.

It was alleged that the patient had refused to oblige with the worldwide advisory of self-quarantine after returning from a European country.

It was also reported that Mr Abubakar had visited a night club in Abuja and attended Juma’at prayers on Friday before he was announced as a confirmed case.

The former vice president had dispelled such claims as ‘perfidious information’. His media aide, Paul Ibe, had said the patient wore a face mask as a precautionary measure since his arrival in Nigeria and that “he voluntarily placed a call to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), seeking to be tested”.

READ  Court seizes N1.04b traced to ex-First Lady Patience Jonathan

Atiku Abubakar on Thursday shared a video on his Twitter handle showing his son wearing a face mask.

Mr Abubakar said he was still at the Abuja isolation centre in Gwagwalada. SleekGist reports.

In the five minutes 39 seconds video, he advised Nigerians against spreading false information about sufferers of Covid-19. He also shared his experience so far in the battle against the dreaded virus.

Recommended For You

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: