The leadership of Igbo National Council, INC, Enugu State Chapter, after analysing the security situation in the State that has led to so many killings which involved our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters, Reverend Fathers and Pastors, wish to call on the State Government to take a holistic step towards creating an alternative security outfit (vigilante) that will help in securing the good people of Enugu.
In view of the above, INC, Enugu State Chapter wish to suggest as follows:
- We demand that all the Local Government Executive Chairmen should get involved in the recruitment of the vigilante.
- That the Igwe of every Autonomous community in Enugu State should take absolute charge of the selection processes in the formation of the vigilante.
- INC hereby call on Enugu State Governor to avoid making use of any Federal security force or department in the selection exercise because of the level of compromise they have in the long lasting Fulani/Farmers clash, banditry, kidnapping etc ravaging the Enugu community.
- INC, is also calling on the National body of INC and all Igbo nationalist to join in the movement to save Enugu state from total cleansing because capturing Enugu means capturing Igbo nation.
- Finally, we seize this opportunity to demand unreserved apology from the Federal Government over the reported killings by the Fulani herdsmen in Enugu state and the entire Igbo nation caused by its inability to protect her citizens.
Moses Emeka Eze
Enugu State Chapter Chairman, INC.