Yes we all know he can be loud and audacious in expressing his views, doesn’t bite his tongue in saying things the way they are regardless of how controversial it may sound, but regardless of Donald J. Trump strange style to governance and rhetoric, He is on historical record the 45th President of the United States.
Besides born into a wealthy family and receiving at least $400 million from his father, Fred Trump. What do we know about this unique occupant of the White house.
Dambela brings you top 10 facts about President Trump you never knew.
1.He is of German and Scottish ancestry and is the second youngest of five children.
2. Donald Trump first made his big real estate deal in Manhattan with the remodeling of the Grand Hyatt Hotel in 1978.
3. His family fortune began when his grandfather Frederick Trump pulled in a fortune by operating restaurants and boarding houses in the boom towns of Seattle and Klondike, Canada.
4. Donald Trump loves to drink Diet Coke.
5. He does not smoke nor drink. The death of a sibling, his older brother Red Jr., informed his decisions to abstain from smoking and drinking.
6. He has been married three times. First to Ivana Zelnickova from 1977-1991, then to Marla Maples from 1993-1999, and Melania Knauss a former model from 2005 to present. And has eight grandchildren.
7. His signature office Trump Tower, was completed in 1983.
8. Donald Trump owns and operates around 18 golf courses around the world. He is also a part owner of three major beauty pageants, from 1996-2015 he partly owned Miss Universe, Miss USA & Miss Teen USA. From 2005 until 2010, Trump owned and ran the Trump University LLC.
9. Donald is a WWE, World Wrestling Entertainment fan. Trump is also a member of the Screen Actors Guild.
10. Trump has portrayed himself in cameo appearances in movies and on television such as “Zoolander,” “Sex and the City” and “Home Alone 2:Lost in New York.”
Other facts worth noting about the business tycoon turned entertainer turned Politician are:
Trump’s slogan, “Make America Great Again,” was first used by Ronald Reagan while he was running against President Jimmy Carter. Donald Trump is of the Presbyterian faith.
Over the years, Trump’s political party affiliations have changed numerous times. He was registered as a Republican in 1987. He then changed to the Independence party in 1999, and then became a Democrat in 2001. He then changed back to a Republican in 2009 then in 2011, he left the party again but that didn’t last long as in 2012, he re-joined the Republican party once again were he went on to become their Presidential candidate and eventually President. He remains the only US President in modern history that never served in any US military or served in any political post prior to becoming the 45th US President.