Man, wife, baby die in inferno

                           Xmas day tragedy: Man, wife, baby die in inferno

It was a tragic Christmas day for residents of No 27 Mabel Street, off Etete road as their belongings were razed by fire.

A family of three died in the fire incident that began at about 2am on Christmas day.

Witnesses said the family was consumed by the fire before help could get to them.

Landlord of the house, Mr. Egberamwen Nosakhare said the fire started at 2am after he saw smoke emitting from one of the tenant’s room.

READ  Desist from overloading, FRSC warns FCT motorists

“I forced the door opened and saw flames of fire from the gas cooker and there was nothing I could do. I was helpless and could not go in. The family died in the inferno.”

A tenant, Mrs. Osayande Joseph said she ran into her room to pick up her child and ran through the back door into the bush because there was flame everywhere.

According to Okhuoghae Osawaru, “The affected family was inside the house when the fire started.

READ  11 feared dead in bloody polls

“The man is a hardworking man. He just returned from outstation to perhaps celebrate Christmas with his wife and baby.

“The guy is hardworking, humble and nice. It was a pity for it to happen on Christmas day.”

The name of the man could not be ascertained as at press time.

Recommended For You

Leave a Reply