Lagos: Fire guts Ikeja residence

Early on Friday, December 1, a building at 3 Michael Ogun Street, GRA Ikeja, Lagos, was completely destroyed by fire.

The incident resulted in no fatalities.

Reportedly, the fire started about 4am in the morning.

As of the time of publication, the fire has been put out, according to Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service Director Margret Adeseye.

According to Adeseye, “It is a fire that gutted the upper floor of a duplex building used as a residence.

“Five rooms on the upper floor of the duplex building with household contents in it were affected.”

As of press time, the immediate or remote source of the inferno has yet to be determined.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Olusola Sorinmade

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *