Driver allegedly crushes two motorcyclists to death in Ondo

                             

A driver, Ayeyi Adegboye, who drove a wine Audi car with registration number, KTP-668-RG the night of April 27 along Erinje-Okitipupa road, Okitipupa, Ondo State, allegedly crushed two motorcyclists to death.

An eyewitness who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Okitipupa gave the names of the deceased as Olaniyan Akinmoye and Sola Akinlose.

Mr Bode Akinmoye, a family member of one the deceased, also told NAN that although the driver was apprehended by the Okitipupa Police Division, the case has not been treated according to the law of the land.

He said that some powers that be want to hijack the case so that offender would not be brought to book.

See also  Accident Kills Eight, Injures 12 On Lagos – Ibadan Expressway

“The driver over-sped on the highway on that Saturday night and crushed two motorcyclists, Olaniyan Akinmoye and Sola Akinlose to death.

“The driver has been arrested by the Okitipupa Police but since then, we did not hear anything about the case again.

“I think some powers that be want to hijack the case so that the offender will not face the law. This is injustice,” he said.

He explained that the deceaseds were returning from Ode-Erinje when the driver allegedly ran over them.

All efforts by NAN to speak with the Okitipupa Divisional Police Officer (DPO), DSP Olubukola Abe, on the matter proved abortive as he did not pick his calls and did not respond to the text message sent to his phone.

See also  Group unveils platform for comparing presidential candidates

NAN also confirmed that the case has not been charged to court.

Meanwhile, SP Femi Joseph, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), confirmed the incident to NAN on telephone.

He said that the alleged driver was not the one who killed the motorcyclists, saying that he had a lone accident in a scene different from where the motorcyclists were killed.

Joseph said that investigation was ongoing to ensure that the culprit was apprehended by the police.

“The alleged driver was not the culprit, his car is in our custody but he has been released partially on bail but investigation is still on to apprehend the original culprit,” he said.

See also  Nadal, Tsitsipas through to Australian Open semifinals

The remains of the deceased were however taken to the Okitipupa General hospital.

Recommended For You

Leave a Reply

Open

%d bloggers like this: