Electrical fault caused fire in Ondo INEC office- police

Electrical fault caused fire in Ondo INEC office- police

The Police in Ondo State has concluded its Investigations into last week’s fire that gutted the office of the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC); stating that the fire was caused by an electrical connection in the room housing the Smart Cards Readers for the Governorship election in October.

The State Commissioner of Police, Bolaji Salami who disclosed this to journalists in Akure on Monday said the fire was not an act of saboteur as being speculated in some quarters.

READ  EFCC Re-arraigns Ajumogobia, Obla

He said the cause of the fire was uncovered by a crack team of experts from the Nigerian Fire Service in collaboration with the Force.

Ahead of the October 10 Governorship Election in the state, the Police Chief warned against violence in the State.

About N30 million worth of Card Readers was destroyed in the fire.

Recommended For You

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: