Lekki Shootings: Resign Now, You Are An Embarrassment To Nigeria, Jumu’ah Tells AGF Malami

…Fumes at LASG, Nigerian Army over inconsistency in statements

…Applauds CNN on documentaries

A Social Commentator and Human Rights Journalist, Jumu’ah Abiodun, has advised the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federal, Mr Abubakar Malami, to resign his position for misleading the world after Lekki toll plaza shootings at #EndSARS protesters by military officers.

Jumu’ah via his Instagram handle today berated Malami after Nigerian Army represented by the Commander of the 81 Military Intelligence Brigade, Brigadier General Ahmed Taiwo, last week admitted military officers took live and blank bullets to the Lekki toll gate in Lagos the venue where #EndSARS protesters staged a peaceful demonstration against police brutality.

“AGF Malami is a disgrace to this country and his office, he misinformed the world on the Lekki shootings by military officers at peaceful #EndSARS protesters, its outrageous. In saner climes, he ought to have resigned by now”

READ  Thousands Stranded In Southern China

“I, therefore, enjoin Mallam Malami to honourably resign his position as Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation because he misled the world over Lekki shootings for lying hoodlums were possibly involved in the shootings.”

AGF Malami had during an interaction with journalists on Monday, November 3 in Abuja stated that hoodlums were possibly involved in the shootings. “You cannot rule out the possibility of perhaps hoodlums that set in to create a scene…could equally partake in the process,” Malami quoted.

The activist also asked the UK, US, Canada and EU to place Malami and his family on a visa restriction ban. “As a further penalty for his blatant lies, I urge the United Kingdom, United States, Canada and European Union governments to take a drastic step and place a visa restriction ban on Mr Abubakar Malami and his family.”

READ  Armed Robbers Go On Rampage In Lagos, Police nowhere to be found

Commenting on Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Nigerian Army statements since October 20, 2020, Black Tuesday event, the activist said: “From the very first day after Lekki shootings, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Nigerian Army are not consistent with their statements.”

“Their first statements read: We were not at the Lekki toll gate – Nigerian Army.
Forces beyond our direct control shot at protesters at the Lekki toll gate – Mr Sanwo-Olu.”

“Later they said: The CCTV cameras were not shut down, the recordings will be available – Mr Sanwo-Olu.
The CCTV did not capture Lekki Shooting – LCC.”

“Later, the Nigerian Army told us: We were there, but we didn’t shoot at protesters.
Addressing Nigerians, Mr Sanwo-Olu said: #EndSARS protesters were shot at but only got injured, no casualties.”

“I don’t have the power to order soldiers, Sanwo-Olu said during a live TV interview.
The Governor invited us to the Lekki toll gate – Nigerian Army in an official statement.”

READ  Mass Housing: How red bricks boost local content

Jumu’ah showered encomium on American based Cable News Network (CNN) for doing a great job in revealing more details on the Lekki toll gate event. “CNN remains one of the best and credible news platforms in the world. I always participate in the CITIZEN by CNN where we analyze issues with facts, not hypotheses as claimed by the Nigerian government,” he cited.

He concluded: “CNN has done a fantastic job with the documentaries, they revealed details of bullets used at the Lekki shootings, the person that died. Nigerian government should prove CNN wrong if they have any other information aside from that, not threatening CNN.”

Recommended For You

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: